==> ERROR: Missing 5.17.9-1-MANJARO kernel headers for module v4l2loopback/0.12.5

==> ERROR: Missing 5.17.9-1-MANJARO kernel headers for module v4l2loopback/0.12.5.
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qed
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla1280
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla2xxx
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: xhci_pci
==> WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration
==> WARNING: crypt_swap_name variable is not set
==> WARNING: swap_device variable is not set

What to do ?

Just what the error says. Install 5.17 kernel headers.

How?
I came from Windows two days ago

1 Like

Then you should most certainly learn your way around before throwing custom packages at your system.

That’s no excuse to not be able to search for basic stuff yourself.

Why then a forum?
I’m going back to Windows.
Thank you!

To give you a guidance, not to hold your hand.

You’re welcome.

just add this

sudo pacman -S linux517-headers

see more with

man mhwd-kernel
man  mhwd 
pacman -Ss linux517-

I don’t think he is wiling to spend time reading manuals if he isn’t willing to spend some searching.

Welcome @efi to the wonderful world of Linux in general and the amazing world of Manjaro in particular.

Allow me to help as it is a mater of “belief” to me that Linux is definetly much better.

1. please read https://forum.manjaro.org/t/why-do-you-prefer-manjaro-over-other-distros/110064/6
  2. I noticed you have 5.17 kernel. I guess you installed it yourself. Anyway I believe the default is always LTS kerner which is currently 5.14.41
    It is recommended you go by defaults.

So, Please either reinstall a fresh installation and just follow the defaults or install the LTS 5.14.41 kernel and remove the 5.17 kernel.

I see in your signature you are on “testing” branch… please don’t for now. Go with the defaults. (bleading edge, testing, latest…etc. is not necessarily your best bet, we may discus later)

As per the reply/replies you gut that made you say

Allow me to explain something.

• Generally in Linux users/developers/moderators are keen that users/new users LEARN as much as possible how to do things. It is not and absolutely not not wanting to help. They just want you to learn how to find your way on your own.
  • Again I recommend to read the link above.

OK. Let’s do it. I recommend do a fresh install but follow defaults and let me know how it goes. I’m with you till you are done.
Now, go ahead and let me know.
If you need any further help please feel free to post here or message me.

UPDATE: I saw your profile, saw something saying Cinammon

As a Windows user I would personally recomend you use the KDE Plasma Desktop as it is much closer to Windows desktop. (and this is the desktop I am on)

2 Likes