Error libicuuc.so.74: cannot open shared object flle

Never start with a rant though (like some in the forum do), as it’s too easy to forget the original question or topic. I recall seeing the occasional kilometre-long rants where the poster lost all cohesiveness. :smile:

An jenam tag…

My translator did not come up with a possible language for this phrase.

It took me a little while - I think you meant: “Angenehmen Tag” which is german and means: “Have a pleasant day”

… and the same for you, sir!

I’ve always understood an jenam tag to be much like ‘those were the days’ or ‘the good old days’ or, something like that, depending on context; but then, I’ve only heard it spoken.

Spoken by germans?
That may have been a (northern) dialect - there are many and really very different from “standard” german.
So different that many people have real trouble understanding each other when they go 500 km away from home. :smiley:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: this is the 2nd time i came across this package… Bing copilot mentioned once… however i cant seems to manage to install it… since u mentioned it too, i will try again. thx

1 Like

You meant “an jenem Tag” ?
(The second e is often spoken similar to ä)
On that day

In the right context, that can be the meaning.

1 Like

That would be it.

… so einfach - und ich kam nicht drauf :+1:

(… that easy - and I didn’t see that character swap, went for the more unlikely interpretation instead)

Des ischt weil mei Rächdschreibung föllig im eimer isch, und i meine eigne Setze lese könna muss.

Aber googl verschtoht mi:

That’s because my spelling is completely messed up and I need to be able to read my own sentences.

2 Likes

Alter Schwede! Google really managed to translate it. I am impressed.

1 Like

Tage mit schlechter Rechtschreibung (typographical errors; typo’s) sind genauso häufig wie Tage mit schlechten Haaren. :barber:

Once upon a time long ago, a not so old Swede who knew some german got quite angry when we used that phrase in his presence.
We had a lot of explaining to do but even then he was not entirely convinced of our good and innocent intentions. :grinning:

download file # wget 'https://pkgbuild.com/~morganamilo/pacman-static/x86_64/bin/pacman-static'
chmod +x pacman-static
./pacman-static -h

or best, from manjaro repo

wget 'https://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/manjaro/stable/core/x86_64/pacman-static-6.1.0-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz'
tar -xf pacman-static-6.1.0-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz  usr/bin/pacman-static
./usr/bin/pacman-static -h

Thanks. I have done that from lynx search (not easy using that broken software). But the result is … error this and error that… whole chunk of error. That’s why i said even pacman-static not able to save the day.

Boot into newly make manjaro kde release 24 usbstick (live environment).

$lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
loop0 7:0 0 149.6M 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/livefs
loop1 7:1 0 972.4M 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/mhwdfs
loop2 7:2 0 1.6G 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/desktopfs
loop3 7:3 0 810.5M 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/rootfs
sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 300M 0 part /mnt/sda1 (this is the broken manjaro on harddrive EFI partition)
└─sda2 8:2 0 931.2G 0 part /mnt/sda2 (this is the broken manjaro on harddrive / partition)
sdb 8:16 1 14.6G 0 disk /run/miso/bootmnt (this is the live usbstick)
├─sdb1 8:17 1 3.6G 0 part
└─sdb2 8:18 1 4M 0 part

$sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1  :heavy_check_mark:
$sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2

sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/sda2/dev
sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/sda2/proc
mount --bind /sys /mnt/sda2/sys
sudo chroot /mnt/sda2

[manjaro /]# whoami
root

> # pacman -Sy
> pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.74: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t know what else to do… same result as no chroot

If by “lynx” you mean the text based web browser for working in TTY or terminal:
it works just fine.
There are others like “links” and “elinks” and “w3m”.
All similar.
They all work just fine.

The most important thing which you seem to have missed completely:
you don’t even need any browser to download the file.
The “wget” command will do that for you.

issue:
wget https://pkgbuild.com/~morganamilo/pacman-static/x86_64/bin/pacman-static
and you are done

No need for any browser.
The wget command is available practically everywhere, no matter what Linux distro you use.

Whether you even need pacman-static is still unclear. :man_shrugging:
I think you don’t need it, neither do you need to chroot. (but that is just my opinion)

Also:
why didn’t you apparently not even try to use the much more convenient tool:
manjaro-chroot
?

(I say this because:
you did screw up the mounting of your two partitions - /dev/sda1 belongs onto /mnt/sda2/boot
if it is the boot partition)

Here is a link to the procedure without that tool on the Arch wiki:

chroot - ArchWiki

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE AIS! (translation fr to english by chatgpt) :rofl:

use manjaro-chroot, and in chroot, use pacman-static
or, in your system, in tty3, use pacman-static (same thing, but it’s harder to paste output here).

We want the command and the output ! otherwise, no help is available

We should also recommend to fetch pacman-static only after he is in chroot.
Then it is where he needs it - he might struggle to get it to where he can find it and use it when downloaded before chroot

This makes it sound as though you searched for “pacman-static” and downloaded a file from your search result, instead of using the link that papajoke gave you. I wonder if you downloaded an old version of pacman-static, which would lead to errors consistent with the “invalid value Path” that you reported in the other thread.