Error in update manjaro system

Hi everyone
Linux 4.19.133-1-MANJARO was installed on my system and it worked properly
After updating it by the following command and restarting the system, it enters the boot menu (UEFI-DualBIOS) and I can no longer leave this environment, even by restarting and turning it off and on, it will not leave this environment.
Please advise me what should i do?

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

What command did you use? Please read the following post… :arrow_down:

sorry, i use this code in command:
sudo pacman -Syyuu

can you boot on USB iso manjaro ?

The use of -Syyuu is discouraged and should only be used for downgrading. Normally you should use -Syyu.

However, when was the last time you updated the system before this update?

3 Likes

No, unfortunately I can not

thank you.
About 8 months ago. What should I do now?

for a rolling release distro, eight months is way too long for an upgrade / update.
best option is to fresh-install [you can still use your home folder [if you have seperate /home]
follow the install instructions How To Install OR TRY TO RECOVER
Both these links are here in this new forum

if frequent update is impossible then its advisable to opt for a fixed release distribution…

1 Like

Well, at this point you should be asking yourself whether Manjaro is the right distribution for you, because Manjaro is a (curated) rolling-release distribution, and the idea of a rolling release is that you keep your system updated whenever new updates are announced. Things are changing too rapidly to allow such a long time to go by without updating your system.

Okay, that said, here’s what you can try… Download the newest .iso from the website, burn it to a USB stick or to an optical disk, and then boot up from it in live mode. Then, open up a terminal and issue the following commands… :arrow_down:

su -
manjaro-chroot -a
pacman-mirrors -f 5 && pacman -Syyu
grub-install --recheck --no-rs-codes --modules="part_gpt part_msdos zstd" --removable /dev/sda 
update-grub

Replace /dev/sda in the commands here-above with the correct drive designation if necessary.

Now reboot your system, remove the live medium and cross your fingers. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your guidance
Where should I download the latest version of Manjaro?