Error: GPGME error: No Data

failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP Signature))

Hello everyone!

I’ve recently come across this issue on my ARM Raspberry Pi 4 installation, and I’ve scoured many places on the internet that state that they have the ‘FIX’, or that the issue has been ‘SOLVED’ but unfortunately it hasn’t resolved my particular issue.

When I attempt to update the OS using the terminal (pacman -Syyu) this is the output:

error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                                   239.8 KiB   149 KiB/s 00:02 [######################################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                                    2.4 MiB   368 KiB/s 00:07 [######################################################################] 100%
 community                                                                                6.1 MiB   543 KiB/s 00:12 [######################################################################] 100%
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Any help is appreciated!

Might take a look here

1 Like

Your recommended post/ thread is not really a solution, as it is recommending (in the thread convo) to disable the whole Signature Check ability.

That means, packages will be downloaded and installed, nonetheless they’re signed or not,
which is a security nightmare.

And as I am another user who is affected by this GPGME error problem, you should really point out, that the solution you recommend is a securityrisk and users should be aware of that, before they go into those steps.

I didn’t recommended everything was said there, even tho some of those advices came from Manjaro team members. I particularly pointed out to a comment marked as solution :wink:

Actually, members should read the announcements wiki:

Thank you for the response.

Actually in my case, there were no GPGME errors for one or more packages, but instead for all std-repositorys … and removing the sig-files neither clearing the package-cache helped in this case.

Currently im running with SigLevel = Never, because populating the std keyrings archlinux manjaro always give me errors like for example

gpg: error retrieving ‘helmut.stult@schinfo.de’ via WKD: General error

for nearly every signature found in the populated keyrings when i do

pacman-key --refresh-keys

Will not get into the details of that … but we expected that as outcome.

The best thing i found was to use a properly working mirror without altering anything else, and one of that mirrors is:

## Country : Austria
Server = http://mirror.easyname.at/manjaro/testing/$repo/$arch

But yeah, this install is on testing branch.

Unfortunately … worst case scenario has presented itself.

In attempting to reset the mirrors and their encryption key, something else failed which led me to use Timeshift to restore to a previous revision.

It didn’t work.

More specifically, the system still boots but:

• Will not allow me to connect remotely
  • Every keypress is echoed making sudo verification very difficult

In this case, I am gearing up to re-install the OS after I backup some files that I need/want from it. What bothers me though, is the fact that somehow an issue with updating the OS started this whole chain of events.

I could ramble on, but I digress … thanks for any help that was provided and the place to post the question to begin with.

New member here. Self identified idiot, but hate microsoft and the borg enough to torture myself. Have always used debian distros barely got those to work half the time. Drink the cool aid and install Manjaro KDE on my laptop. Realize I have no idea what I’m doing. Find tutorial that starts with syncing repositories. Get this error as my first action in Manjaro. Search for solution on the interweb. Seems like people that know things still don’t know. What do?

P.S. tried altering the pacman.d/mirrorlist with the Australian server

The only thing that worked for me, was deactivating the SigLevel check ( SigLevel = Never ) in /etc/pacman.conf for all occurences in that file.

Which is bad considering, that you deactive every security check with that.

As a sidenote, I am kind of upset with the Manjaro staff, because they seem to ignore this problem, neither had put out a news because of that or even had mention a workaround in the Wiki-page.

All I had found was a kinda upset message from a Manjaro staff member, which sounds that he is just annoyed to have to write a post in the forum because of this.