Error during pacman update, i have no more pacman. How to fix?

So, after about a year or so i started my computer, and attempted to update the system via pacman -Syu. So, since this may pertain to this, the issue was, that i didn’t have enought space on my root partition to cache all 1209 packages, and install them afterwards, pacman wouldn’t let me. So i copied /cache/pacman to a harddisk i have installed in my computer, deleted /cahce/pacman, and made a sym-link ln -s /datadrive/cache/pacman pacman, in that location. I did pacman -Syu again, and everything seemed to go fine. After a while however, it ended like this:

( 220/1209) upgrading python-requests                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
( 221/1209) upgrading python-certifi                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
( 222/1209) upgrading pacman-mirrors                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
error: could not open file /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pacman-6.0.2-10-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst: No such file or directory
error: could not commit transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (transaction aborted)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.                                                                                                                                                     1 ✘  38m 24s  
    /var/cache/pacman  sudo pacman -Syu         
[sudo] password for caramon: 
sudo: pacman: command not found
    /var/cache/pacman  ls                                                                                                                                                                               1 ✘ 
    /var/cache/pacman  yay -S pacman                                                                                                                                                                      ✔ 
yay: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So yeah, i’m kinda stuck. How should i optimally go about fixing this? I still have a manjaro USB install stick, altough it is probably more than a year old. Internet connectivity, and GUI works fine on the computer right now, however i have not rebooted it yet.

So yeah, wish me luck and i hope that someone can help me :slight_smile:

You could use pacman-static and upgrade with that version: https://www.manjaro.tuxboy.eu/stable-archive/pacman-static-6.0.2-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz Extract it, and run it, it doesn’t depend on dynamically linked libraries.