Error: could not register 'home_lamlng_Arch' database (database already registered)

I got this following error when update or install software with pacman but It just runs the command as expected right after the error show up:

   ~  sudo pacman -Syy                                                                   ✔ 
[sudo] password for user:

> error: could not register 'home_lamlng_Arch' database (database already registered)

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                          167.7 KiB   305 KiB/s 00:01 [################################] 100%
 extra                        1899.9 KiB   736 KiB/s 00:03 [################################] 100%
 community                       6.9 MiB  1241 KiB/s 00:06 [################################] 100%
 multilib                      174.3 KiB  1874 KiB/s 00:00 [################################] 100%
 home_lamlng_Arch              963.0   B   778   B/s 00:01 [################################] 100%

I’m just curious about this error what does it mean and does It effects anything?

You are using a non supported third-party repo.
Judging from the name, it’s targeted towards Arch, you might be better off removing it from your config.

1 Like

Could you show me how to remove it from my config?

The config is in /etc/pacman.conf.

Use your favorite editor and remove the offending lines.

1 Like

Yup there was some how a duplicated line:

[home_lamlng_Arch]
Server = https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lamlng/Arch/$arch

and after remove it the error is gone

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.