I am unable to install video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-450xx-prime.
I’m getting the following error message:
Error: config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-450xx-prime' conflicts with config(s): video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime
After running the following command:
sudo mhwd -i pci video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-450xx-prime
Keeping in mind that when I already removed video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime
And when I am running
pamac remove video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime I am getting
Error: target not found: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime
All that after following the following instructions according “nvidia-450xx-utils and nvidia-440xx-utils are in conflict” from
[Stable Update] 2020-10-01 - Kernels, Mesa, KDE-Framework, Deepin, Systemd, Pamac, Xorg-Server, Qt
nvidia-450xx-utils and nvidia-440xx-utils are in conflict
Please click the ► at the beginning of this line to view this solution
looking for conflicting packages…
:: nvidia-450xx-utils and nvidia-440xx-utils are in conflict (nvidia-libgl). Remove nvidia-440xx-utils? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency ‘nvidia-440xx-utils=440.100’ required by linux54-nvidia-440xx
:: removing nvidia-440xx-utils breaks dependency ‘nvidia-440xx-utils=440.100’ required by linux58-nvidia-440xx
**Warning: do not reboot until this procedure tells you to starting from the next step!**
* Please note the exact nVidia driver you have running by executing:
Please note the kernel(s) you’ve got installed and remove anything 440-related, including CUDA by executing:
pamac remove nvidia-440xx-utils linuxZZ-nvidia-440xx cuda nvtop
where `ZZ` is/are the kernel version(s) you’re running.
* Repeat for all the kernel versions you have How do I know which kernel versions I have?
* execute `ls /boot/linux*`
* any nulber after `linux` *before* the `-` (minus sign) are the kernel(s) you have installed
* If you would have any other old nVidia drivers ***that you don’t need any more because your card is supported by the 450 series** get rid of them as well.*
* now install the same family of 450 driver you had for the 440 driver, by executing:
mhwd --install pci Your450Family
Your450Family is obviously one of
video-nvidia-440xx that you noted above
If this would not have solved your issue, please open a new issue [here](https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support/Graphic-Cards/33) and state that you followed this procedure already.