Epsxe can't start after ncurses update

After running recent Manjaro updates, ncurses was updated from 5.x to version 6.x. Now I’m unable to use epsxe (neither the main epsxe package or the 32bit package work).

[bitfenix@bitfenix-pc ~]$ epsxe /opt/epsxe/epsxe: /opt/epsxe/libncurses.so.5: version NCURSES_TINFO_5.0.19991023’ not found (required by /opt/epsxe/epsxe) /opt/epsxe/epsxe: /opt/epsxe/libncurses.so.5: versionNCURSES_5.0.19991023' not found (required by /opt/epsxe/epsxe) /opt/epsxe/epsxe: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3: no version information available (required by /opt/epsxe/epsxe)

As the package maintainer recommended, I tried running strace epsxe. Here is the output of that command:

Also tried recreating the symbolic link, but without success. Not sure exactly what is going on here.

Please wait, until the maintainer (hav3lock) of the AUR package epsxe has updated the PKGBUILD.

I do not believe this is a problem with the PKGBUILD though, as the app is still working for most users, and others users on the AUR page reported similar issues many months ago.

I did just try to install ncurses-compat-libs, which seems to have fixed my red symbolic link in the screenshot, but the app is still failing to launch with the exact same errors.

Hi, the author has solved this in his AUR site: it works, cheers

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.