Epson L4150 Series Printer setup

Hello,

I have recently installed Manjaro and am attempting to install the printer drivers for my Epson L4150 Series network printer.

The driver for this printer is not listed in the printer setup utility.

Epson does list printer drivers and utilities on the Epson Download Center but the packages listed are .deb and .rpm packages. I have tried building the source files but it seems that it requires lsb (and I am not sure what this means, from what I read it seems they use a different directory structure).

I would like to be able to print and scan documents using this network printer. What is the recommended way of doing this in Arch based systems?

Thank you

I asked the same question here.

Installing the following driver worked for me.
pamac build epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2

Hello jaden,

Thank you so much for your reply. It helped greatly. Although
pamac build epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2
did not work for me, looking through the AUR I found another that did:
pamac build epson-inkjet-printer-escpr.

Do you have a scanner on your printer? Do you have any suggestions on software to use as a scanner. The AUR version of the epson scan 2 software does not work for me.

Thank you once again. This helped a bunch!

Hi Adrian, I’m glad that could help. I use an Epson printer but I haven’t used scanner software but know that there is a Gimp plugin that lets you use scanners called QuiteInsane if you are familiar with Gimp.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.