Enable sound on the displayport and on the HDMI output at the same

I would be interested if you could tell me how to get sound on the displayport and on the HDMI output at the same time on the graphics card ASROCK Radeon RX 6400 Challenger ITX, 4GB GDDR6

check mark on add virtual output device for simultaneous output on all local soundcards doesn’t help and doesn’t work.

Does someone have solution to this issue?

Best Regards and thank you in advance :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

qpwgraph or helvum for pipewire? There you could patch the connection.

Thank you very much for prompt answer, I will try it nad let you know how it works :slight_smile:

Best Regards :slight_smile:

i can’t do it with this, it only shows midi :frowning:

Sorry, but if you want help, then provide information. Put yourself in the reader’s position. I did it already and it works. Do use pulseaudio or pipewire? That are totally different systems.

inxi -Aazy

When you play sound, there will be an application like Firefox, for example. This will automatically patch to the default device (monitor, connection) to playback. That will be displayed just in time.
Now you can patch the Firefox Output to the second monitor, which should be listed as well. And now you are done. 2 audio devices play the audio of Firefox.

However, you need pipewire up and running instead of pulseaudio. The meta-package is manjaro-pipewire.

To use qpwgraph or helvum would require install of pipewire-jack to replace JACK in addition to installing manjaro-pipewire to replace PulseAudio

KDE option for simultaneous output to all devices cannot work for sending audio to HDMI and DisplayPort on the same device, because there is usually only one sink output available in

Archwiki has an example of how to implement simultaneous HDMI and analog output that could be adapted to create PulseAudio Profile: Simultaneous output to Internal Audio Digital Stereo (HDMI + DisplayPort)

Archwiki also has an example of how to use analog and digital outputs on the same card that could be adapted to configure a custom profile: Internal Audio Digital Stereo (HDMI + DisplayPort)

Custom profile does not need PulseAudio module for simultaneous outputs.

Custom profile can also be copied to folder /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/ used by PipeWire, that should allow pipewire-pulse to be used without pipewire-jack or a patchbay