Enable AUR using command-line

hello.
i know there is a way to enable AUR from GUI pamac, but i dont want to do that.
i was searching and i didnt find anything related.
how do i enable AUR from command-line using pamac-cli?

something similar to:

pamac enable AUR

i am in the middle of a automated installation process and i want to do that from a script.

any ideas? thanks in advance.

Hello,
With pamac cli you can build an AUR package even if AUR is not enabled in Pamac UI.
Because some AUR packages require to have base-devel then you fist install those and with pamac cli just run:
pamac build <package-name>

Because Pamac UI settings are stored in /etc/pamac.conf then you just have to uncomment the line:

#EnableAUR

to be

EnableAUR

You can do that via terminal with:

sudo sed -Ei '/EnableAUR/s/^#//' /etc/pamac.conf

To comment it back

sudo sed -Ei '/EnableAUR/s/^/#/' /etc/pamac.conf

And you can do the same with all the lines that enable or disable something in /etc/pamac.conf

3 Likes

really? i remember that i tried pamac install bootiso (some package from aur) and it didnt work. but i didnt try with build. so i guess you can build from AUR even if its not enabled and you cannot install from AUR if its not enabled. correct?

anyway. thank you so much for your answer.

I think all aur packages need to be built rather that installed don’t they?

Why are you not searching for the answer, first? :woozy_face: It’s so easy to find:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pamac

Can you please explain this expression? Trying to decipher it unsuccessfully :slight_smile:

install = install from Manjaro Repo

build = build from AUR

You can build from AUR via command line without enabling AUR in the config file.

1 Like

Not in full, as i just learned it from @nikgnomic - but i think it simply seeds out when using ‘s/^#//’ the comment sign in front of EnableAUR and adds it if is not there when using s/^/#/

2 Likes

It’s quite easy. / is a parameter delimiter character (any other can be used but usually it’s /). So we have 4 parameters in the first case
EnableAUR, s, ^# and ‘’ (empty).

1. sed first finds lines that contain EnableAUR
  2. then it executes substitute command: finds a position of ^# (^ means start of line, # means itself) in previously found lines and replaces it with emptiness (i.e deletes it).

The second case is similar, just replaces start of line with #

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.