Emergency Shell [rootfs] after update

So, I updated to the latest version and i get stuck at energency shell. The text in the screen is:
:: running early hook [udev] Starting version 246.6-1-manjaro :: running hook [udev] :: Triggering uevents Waiting 10 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/44f90d8a-7a23-4939-ba26-51925ffeeeec ... ERROR: device ‘UUID= 44f90d8a-7a23-4939-ba26-51925ffeeeec‘ not found. Skipping fsck. :: mounting ‘UUID= 44f90d8a-7a23-4939-ba26-51925ffeeeec‘ on real root mount: /new_root: can’t find UUID= 44f90d8a-7a23-4939-ba26-51925ffeeeec You are now being dropped into an emergy shell. sh: can’t acces tty; job control turned off [rootfs ]#

Looks like it searches for a partition wich does not exist, and i don’t know what to do to solve it.

I have the /root, /home and /boot/efi in different partitions in a ssd.

Boot up a live-ISO from USB-Stick or so and check if your UUIDs had changed for whatever reason:

sudo blkid

Then compare it with your /etc/fstab of your installed system. You can read about chrooting in our Wiki.

Does it matter if i’m using rEFInd instead of Grub?

I’ve booted from a manjaro-architect and chrooted with all partitions mounted, ran blkid and then compared uuids with /etc/fstab.
The uuids are the same, but the uuid it searched at boot is missing and i don’t know where it comes from.

After reinstalling refind and the /root system it works.

How do i mark it as solved?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.