Echo Cancellation outputs as mono

Hey!

New here and fairly beginner when it comes to Linux. Please bare with me. In order to introduce Noise cancellation to my mic I inserted load-module module-echo-cancel aec_method=webrtc aec_args=“analog_gain_control=0\ digital_gain_control=0” into default.pa located in /etc/pulse and it seemed to do the trick however my audio comes out as mono instead of stereo. Any ideas? If I insert channels=2 after the digital_gain_control=0 my mic shows 2 channels but output is still mono. I’m a bit lost unfortunately. Makes gaming and chatting a bit rough. To whoever took the time to read this thank you.

Hello @PhilFixIt and welcome :wink:

Is the input device stereo or mono only?

pactl list sources short

Thanks for replying! Its a headset mic and Ive managed to get it to work before with as stereo input so I know it can be done however I had to reinstall Manjaro when merging unallocated space went bad. I can’t reproduce my results.

alsa_output.pci-0000_0b_00.4.analog-stereo.monitor module-alsa-card.c s16le 2ch 44100Hz RUNNING
1 alsa_input.pci-0000_0b_00.4.analog-stereo module-alsa-card.c s16le 2ch 44100Hz RUNNING
2 alsa_input.pci-0000_0b_00.4.analog-stereo.echo-cancel module-echo-cancel.c float32le 2ch 32000Hz RUNNING
3 alsa_output.pci-0000_0b_00.4.analog-stereo.echo-cancel.monitor module-echo-cancel.c float32le 1ch 32000Hz RUNNING

As you see here, the output is still 1ch, but its input is 2ch. You need to adjust your command :wink:

I noticed that as well! I don’t know how to do that.

That way it works for me:

## Load Echo cancelation
.ifexists module-echo-cancel.so
load-module module-echo-cancel source_master=alsa_input.pci-0000_0b_00.4.analog-stereo use_master_format=1 aec_method=webrtc aec_args="analog_gain_control=0 digital_gain_control=0" sink_name=echocancel-mic
set-default-sink echocancel-mic
.endif
2 Likes

IT WORKED!!! I love you! Its been two days of trying line on line and trying to piece things together. You made my day good Sir! I don’t know if you believe in a higher power or not, but God bless you!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.