Easy-anti-cheat works on Minimal but doesn't on Full xfce edition

I’ve first join this forum an hour ago and I have a question on Manjaro xfce edition.

So there are 2 editions of Xfce, minimal and full. When I played a steam game (I use steam-runtime with proton 7.03) on minimal, easy-anti-cheat works normally, but when with full-edition it crashes into the error Failed to load anti-cheat module. I wonder if there are any packages installed on the full edition but minimal that lead to the problem, and how to fix it too, thanks :smile:

By the way, I have spend a day as well to test the two version, on the same machine, with nothing but default setting by manjaro, and steam of course. As expected, it failed to worked on full version.

Here is the game I played on ProtonDB https://www.protondb.com/app/1818750

Here is my hardware info from lspci command

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP MEI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev e3)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev e3)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev e3)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev e3)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB EHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller (rev 03)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 07)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83)
04:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265 / M340/M360 / M440/M445 / 530/535 / 620/625 Mobile]

Note: I also tested the game on manjaro Gnome minimal and KDE minimal but it wasn’t working on KDE with the same error. :thinking:
I found a link to the list of extra packages on xfce full here. I hope it would help. https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/iso-profiles/-/blob/master/manjaro/xfce/Packages-Desktop

UPDATE: Well this is awkward, I was mistaken, turns out it because of the new glibc version that brokes the game :sweat_smile:. Sorry for having dummy question, I should have known manjaro sometimes has bugs with update. Problem Solved !

Btw, try downgrade the glibc or use flatpak steam to play your game if it met with the issue

Here is the link that reported the bug https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/6051

Were both minimal and full version of XFCE up to date to have same packages version? Seems unlikely to me that what break EAC is the difference in packages (but on package version, absolutely as I know of a recent issue with glibc and EAC on a specific version).

Are you sure there is no difference in how you install and setup Steam and the game?

1 Like

As I mentioned, I’ve installed the two on the same machine and left what the default setting done. And I updated the packages as soon as it installed. Well, maybe the only difference is that I had to install steam later on minimal as it wasn’t there. :thinking:

P/s: You was right it all about the package version of glibc. Thanks for the swift reply, truly appreciate! I think I’ll change to flatpak steam or downgrade version (not sure if it is safe) till there will be update.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.