During update: file exists in two packages

Admittedly I haven’t tinkered with my secondary Manjaro machine in a while so a quick advice on how to actually apply the update is very appreciated. This happened after yay -Syu --noconfirm and 157 packages were downloaded (and I use ZFS on the machine):

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/lib/modules/6.5.9-1-MANJARO/extramodules exists in both 'linux65' and 'linux65-zfs'

Any idea what should I do exactly?

EDIT: It seems the linux*-zfs packages are being dropped?

Not sure if it has been dropped, but I can confirm, that the package is not in the unstable branch:

   ~  mbn info linux61-zfs -q                                                                                ✔ 
Branch         : testing
Name           : linux61-zfs
Version        : 2.2.0-1
Repository     : extra
Build Date     : Tue 07 Nov 2023 04:54:45 
Packager       : Philip Müller <philm@manjaro.org>
Branch         : stable
Name           : linux61-zfs
Version        : 2.2.0-1
Repository     : extra
Build Date     : Tue 07 Nov 2023 04:54:45 
Packager       : Philip Müller <philm@manjaro.org>

Seems just doing sudo pacman -R linux65-zfs && yay -Syu --noconfirm sorted it out.

I misread initially. Seems like the maintainers made the wise decision to leave DKMS manage it.

Sorry for the noise.

I mean the writing has been on the wall for a while, I simply made a brain fart and forgot that we have been able to manage ZFS with DKMS for some time now. But after uninstalling the *-zfs package DKMS compiled the module, I rebooted and ZFS is working just fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.