Duplicity backup needs update in Arch community repo

I’ve been using duplicity backup with b2 cloud storage successfully for several years. On Feb 13, 2023 it broke, returning an error every time I try to use it since then. It seems I need to upgrade to the latest version of duplicity, which is 1.2.2. (released Jan 26, 2023). The latest version on the Archlinux repo is 1.2.1, built on Dec 5, 2022, and it is flagged as out of date.

What’s the best course of action? Just wait till the repo is updated? Is it appropriate to ping the maintainer? I suppose I could download the new version and build it myself, but I am reluctant to go outside the pamac ecosystem for fear of breaking things (is that a rational fear?). I am a bit of a newbie at building my own packages, so am nervous about that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

exists in aur duplicity-git you can test if is ok
Note: not read version for *-git before compilation !

Thanks for the suggestion. A good idea in principle, but that version is much older, 0.8.12, last updated 2021-07-06 :frowning:

-git package is always at the last version : version of this day :wink:

If it is flagged out of date - you can either wait or add another flag-out-of-date - then wait - you shouldn’t ping the maintainer - especially not when not using Arch but Manjaro.