Dropbox Socket operation timed out - KIO Client

I recently did a fresh install of Manjaro (kernel 5.13.15-1) with KDE (5.22.5) as my DE. I tried to install Dropbox from the AUR, and it seems to install just fine. However, when I try to launch it I get the following error:

kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so'"
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so'"
kf.kio.core: KIO::get didn't emit a mimetype! Please fix the ioslave for URL QUrl("https://www.dropbox.com/cli_link_nonce?nonce=23c8cf5e94510e0a86aa3ccb934a8233")

This hangs for a bit and after maybe 5-10 seconds a window pops up with the title “Error – KIO Client” and the message, “www.dropbox.com: Socket operation timed out.”

Is anyone else having this issue? I have run Dropbox on KDE before so it appears to be something with this newest iteration. Thank you very much for your help in advance. Please let me know if I need to update with further information.

Actually I’m foolish. I just needed to install kio… Problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.