Driver for Intel Comet Lake GT2, Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7

Hi people, wish everyone to have a hally New Year.

I have recently encountered a problem when installing Manjaro onto my X1 Carbon Gen7. The problem is that the CPU is Intel i7-10710U which has a Comet Lake GT2 graphics chip, unlike the commonly known UHD 620. Thus, there seems to be no drivers other than the video-linux installed by default. As a result, while the scrolling in the browser is smooth, the extra rendering by HTML5 is very slow when it does anything complicated, such as switching Outlook email layered windows. Additionally, playing 4K video from Youtube for example is quite choppy, which is not supposed to.

I wonder if there is anyone who has an idea about where to find a suitable driver for this graphic chip that can solve the pain in the a** and set the performance to this beautifully made laptop at liberty. Thanks.

Please post the output of inxi -Fazy.

For Intel GPUs, no additional drivers should be required.

This is very possibly caused by the lack of hardware acceleration.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I have later found a clot of multiple dead pixels on the laptop and had no choice but to return it. Grabbed an X1 Extreme Gen 2 instead elsewhere which is on the way. Therefore hardware acceleration should no longer be a problem since it’s bolstered with a dGPU. This question thus turns moot. Will post any other concerns in separate posts about the new computer should it has any, but also welcoming anyone who suffered from the same problem here to keep drilling down.