Download drivers

I got a new computer and on the motherboard manufacturer’s website there is a list for downloading drivers only for Windows, like Intel LAN driver Intel SerialIO Intel Chipset driver Intel Consumer ME Intel VGA driver Realtek Audio Driver. Where should I get these for Linux? Tnx

All of the drivers you’re mentioning here are already in the kernel. Most of Intel’s driver code is Free & Open-Source Software, and Intel is one of the main contributors in the development of the kernel.

2 Likes

Tnx, Is there any difference between windows intel drivers that I have to install all of them manually and linux kernel drivers? Because, for example, in Windows, by installing intel graphics card drive, a graphical command software is also installed, which includes many features.

I don’t know; I don’t use Windows. :wink:

1 Like

I’d expect such features are also available on Linux, though i am certain there are to be managed through configuration files instead of GUI applications.
Although, considering one must know what they are doing when tweaking hardware, i find this logical to make it “less available”…

Is your graphics card Nvidia or AMD?

prepare and boot a live system on USB
which can also be used to install from
and just see whether everything works.

It is likely that nothing extra has to be installed to make all components work.

Graphical configuration tools like those that Windows might or might not have for each driver are unlikely to be existent, though. … but also not needed …

1 Like

That graphical program don’t exist for Linux

1 Like

as already mentioned drivers are baked into the kernel, with additional drivers come complementary in linux-firmware package, which is already part of the core that will be installed on all systems. the default configuration is deemed most stable, but you can alter by means of what is called “modprobe” (only when absolutely necessary), and usually done with creating/editing configuration files.

additional features like say video acceleration for video cards, low-latency sound infrastructure are made available by installing relevant additional packages depending on your hardware platform with some requiring configuration.

for all such configuration which sounds very daunting, there is the treasure trove called Archwiki (made for archlinux which manjaro is based of), which has all the details of all nooks & crooks in the most concise manner possible. once you are into it, you’ll get the hang of it.

as this is system configuration, things can go wrong and you should only change the default configuration if only its a must, and take necessary precautions like backing up every so often when you do theses things.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/

1 Like

The only thing you may need on the manufacturer website would be the BIOS/UEFI firmware (to update the motherboard), besides that you shouldn’t need anything else as already explained. And if you have special hardware that doesn’t have what it needs already in the kernel, then that would probably not be on the motherboard manufacturer website anyway (example some WIFI drivers), but on other place (and probably easily available through the AUR).

1 Like

AFAIK not anymore, the app is decoupled from the driver installer to comply with UWP requirements, so the app must now be taken from Microsoft Store. The app doesn’t have Linux counterpart as it’s written in UWP, which is Windows specific technology. However, you can play around with DriConf, which provides similar features. I don’t think Intel GPU drivers have a lot of things to tweak, though.