Download Applets ether report an error or do not start

Weather starts but shows an error
Spices Update fails to start

I have the same problem.

Please edit your topic title to better reflect what the actual problem is. Your title and post are two different things.

I was able to refresh the database and download the Weather Applet, but it cannot fetch the Weather data. Looking Glass (Melange) displays this error:

info t=2022-08-14T08:50:56Z Loaded applet weather@mockturtl in 85 ms
error t=2022-08-14T08:50:56Z [weather@mockturtl#19]: Generic Error while refreshing Weather info: TypeError: SessionAsync is not a constructor, 
error t=2022-08-14T08:50:56Z HttpLib@/home/yochanan/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/weather@mockturtl/3.8/weather-applet.js:15836:29

Perhaps create an upstream issue if there isn’t already one.

I get the feeling it is all the download applets I’ve tried five so far and only one of them works…

I’m able to download new Applets just fine. It sounds like you are also able to. Therefore, your topic title does not match the actual problem.

I was able to download and run System Monitor just fine.

Try Weather, Cinnamenu, QRedshift,and SpicesUpdate All fail here.
Yes I know some work Cpu Temperature Indicator works.

I’ve tried multiple with no issues. There are no updates available.

Check Looking Glass and see if there are any errors.

Looking Glass errors

QRedshift: Created
warning t=2022-08-14T17:10:59Z 
QRedshift: ADDED TO PANEL
error t=2022-08-14T17:10:59Z 

[SpicesUpdate@claudiux]: Soup.ProxyResolverDefault is not a constructor
[SpicesUpdate@claudiux]: Failed to evaluate 'main' function on applet: SpicesUpdate@claudiux/62

Weather
Cinnamenu@json]: Soup.SessionAsync is not a constructor
[Cinnamenu@json]: Error importing applet.js from Cinnamenu@json
error t=2022-08-14T17:10:59Z [weather@mockturtl#63]: Generic Error while refreshing Weather info: TypeError: SessionAsync is not a function, 
error t=2022-08-14T17:10:59Z HttpLib@/home/robin0800/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/weather@mockturtl/3.8/weather-applet.js:15530-29

error t=2022-08-14T17:26:26Z 
[Cinnamenu@json]: Soup.SessionAsync is not a constructor
error t=2022-08-14T17:26:26Z 
[Cinnamenu@json]: Soup.SessionAsync is not a constructor

This Is common for all four of them ‘Soup … is not a constructor’
No idea of redshift error, it appears on panel and says ‘not installed’ see below …
Looking though ‘Xsession-errors’ redshift also has a ‘Soup … is not a constructor’ error

Not that it helps you but just tried weather and cinnamenu, both downloaded and worked with no issues

@sawdoctor …on the unstable branch? Your profile says you’re using testing.

@robin0800 It’s possible the latest python-urllib3 updates may have impacted what’s going on. Keep in mind that is only a guess for now.

My bad missed the unstable tag. I can easily switch to unstable to check

It appears that “ProxyResolverDefault” and “SessionAsync” are both in the ‘const’ list .local/share/cinnamon/applets/weather@mockturtl/3.8/weather-applet.js line 15831
and from what I can gather they need to be functions. though I have no idea how to do this?
Though what has made this necessary I don’t know?
Downgrading .‘python-urllib3’ does not fix the problem.

Fixed with todays update of cinnamon to 5.10

After today update the weather applet works properly.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.