Dolphin large file transfer to usb stick indicates completed after caching is done, transfer still ongoing

I’ve been doing some testing with different usb drive formats, and also the maxperfwiz script by cscs, and it does look like the exfat format is the most problematic with stock settings. (Completion notification after seconds, actual write completion long afterward)
At least with fat32, while the progress bar reaches 100 percent almost immediately, I don’t get the completion notification until the file is actually written to the device.
I haven’t tried any other formats yet.

With the maxperfwiz settings (yes to all tweaks) behaviour is much improved with actually realistic transfer rates after the buffering to ram is done, even with exfat, which still “completes” slightly early. I haven’t noticed any major system load increase with htop or any transfer speed reduction.

1 Like

For those of you that remember the Zip drives I had one I swear you wanted a hardhat every time you ejected the disk, cause it would be shot across the room if you didn’t have your hand there to stop it.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.