Does xrdp work with sway?

Hey all,
is xrdp functioning at all with sway??

I have xrdp running with some other distros on Raspberry Pi 4’s to open a remote desktop connection via Remmina from my admin system, and it always works really well.
But with my Manjaro ARM Sway system I don’t get it running. After some rethinking it has led me to my question: is xrdp functioning at alll with sway? As I recall a sentence “sway ist NOT X”…

RDP client (Remmina) connects to my RPI with Manjaro/ARM(Sway) but only shows a black screen , redardless if I use a second user who is not logged in locally on the RPI

I know vnc isn’t rdp, but depending on your use-case: does this help? GitHub - any1/wayvnc: A VNC server for wlroots based Wayland compositors

It’s working very well in manjaro phosh if you Configure and Build package like this: GitHub - any1/wayvnc: A VNC server for wlroots based Wayland compositors. It is important to also follow the encryption and authentication instructions from this post. then install tigervnc-xorg-extension tigervnc-viewer on the client machine. After starting TigerVnc, you must enter the appropriate IP, username and password. The keys will be downloaded automatically. That’s all. Remmina also works in this case. Only after configuring the connection will a window appear asking for the keys. In the CA Certificate File field, upload the previously generated “tls_cert.pem” key.

1 Like