Does Manjaro not have the /etc/modprobe.d/ folder by default?

I’m using Manjaro KDE Plasma but it does not have the /etc/modprobe.d/ folder I’m wondering if it’s like this by default or if it was suppose to be there and is missing. I’m guessing I need to create the folder.

Yes - ‘addendum’ configs go there, just like all the other .d folders.
In the case of my system - thats where I wanted to create a module blacklist file … so if it is not present, yes you can simply create the folder, ex:

sudo mkdir -p /etc/modprobe.d
sudoedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-mine.conf

It is worth noting that these also load according to alpha-numberic sorting … so if you want something to be applied last (and thus take precedent) then you may wish to use something like 99 in front, ex:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-amdgpu.conf
1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I just wasn’t sure because I was going to blacklist some modules and I got a prompt saying the folder didn’t exist.

Yeah, good to go.
It depends on the system profile, and I believe, your specific system specs, whether such a folder (and contained configs) would exist … if there is no such file, there is likely no such folder, but the standards are still recognized and so you can simply create it and the system will understand.

1 Like