Docker nextcloud help

Ive installed docker and pulled down nextcloud. Im trying to get a minimal copy running so i can see if it serves my purposes.

So im running the command:
sudo docker run -d -p 8080:80 --name nextcloud -v config:/var/www/html/config -v data:/var/www/html/data nextcloud

It starts fine, but it does not create the config or data folders on my system. I have no /var/www/ folder… Do I need to create these manually, or should the docker image create them for me?

Thanks!

Read the docs

You are more likely to receive qualified response hrer

You need to make sure they are present and have the correct permissions for the docker container to write to them.

I’m using nextcloud with docker-compose, here’s my config. Feel free to copy what suits you.

dockerfiles/nextcloud at master - dockerfiles - Gitea

Hi @gibbz ,
I wonder whether you could try the following command in the root directory:

sudo docker run -d -p 8080:80 --name nextcloud -v "$(pwd)":/var/www/html/config -v data:/var/www/html/data nextcloud

Hope it helps, regards. I could not say anymore about the command line instructions, that is what I use to run docker on Openmediavault in a virtual machine.

Manjaro and other Arch-based distributions do not use /var/www, but instead they use /srv/www. You can try symlinking… :arrow_down:

sudo ln -s /srv/www /var/www