Dmenu config.h! Where is it?

Hello everyone. I am using manjaro i3, I can´t find the config.h files for dmenu. I can only find .dmenurc - but that has only limited customization options. I know it is a manjaro version of dmenu so if anyone can tell me where I can find the original config files? Or do I need to uninstall the manjaro version and reinstall the original dmenu?

Stephen

config.h looks like source code to me, you have to compile it manually after making changes.

I guess, there’s a PKGBUILD in the AUR which adds the benefit of easy installing.

Maybe you are asking the wrong question?
Perhaps you could clarify
why you’d even need that file.

It sounds like you want to do some configuration to the program you have installed.

config.h and other files are in the source code of that application
The source code is only needed if you want to completely build the program “from scratch” yourself.
It’s not included with the thing you have installed right now.

Do you want to compile the program?
Or do you just want to configure how it behaves?

1 Like

As already mentioned, an .h file is part of source code ( C/C++/Objective-C Header File), not a user configuration file.

There is no upstream config.h, anyway: Files - dmenu - dynamic menu

dmenu is inherited directly from Arch, Manjaro does not modify it. However, there is custom Manjaro i3 configurations. You haven’t told us what you’re trying to do, so we can’t point you in the right direction until you do. See dmenu - ArchWiki

Completely unrelated. dmenu is an Arch community package and can be downloaded from ABS just like an AUR package can.

Hi,

That dmenurc thing sounds really weird for a suckless program. I suggest you to download the dmenu source code from the suckless website and edit/patch it yourself, this is how suckless software is meant to be configured