Display settings default options / 2 monitors set

Hello!

I have just installed Manjaro and I was wondering if I could add another monitor to the set.

My graphic card is Radeon RX 5700XT and I have there 4 Display Port inputs and one HDMI.
My main monitor is connected via HDMI, stays on left hand side, secondary one is via HDMI wire with Display Port adapter.

I’ve connected the second one and everything was fine for a moment. Automatically left became prime, right became slave, my 4 work spaces extended to 2-double ones. Then I saw this option HOW you want to extend the second monitor, as a clone, not using one, couple different option and there was this one “Extend to the right”. So I’ve clicked this one. And after that the monitors have swapped.

My prime is bigger so I dont want to swap them physically, so I’ve started to play with Display settings. What is the outcome?

All is good when single monitor is connected. When I add the other one via Display Port all panels disappear, secondary one becomes prime with default Manjaro wallpaper, previous prime changes black and I cant even right click over there - no menu is showing up.

My question is then: either how to restore previous setting, like it was before, when I’ve first connected the second monitor OR how to adjust it properly?

I am a greenhorn with Linux so please guide me thru with everything - assume I know nothing about this system.

Thank you for your support!

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

3. Disconnect the second monitor, reboot, log back in and provide the output to:

xrandr

4. Connect the second monitor again and provide another

xrandr

5. I sincerely hope there is a solution because this:

is always bad news! :sob:

:+1:

P.S. Before you do anything else: Kernel 5.9 is EOL, so upgrade to 5.10 LTS is you have very new hardware or 5.4 LTS if you have older hardware.

Thank you for your answer! I have managed to make it working somehow, by basically playing with the settings and wires. It works perfectly now.

As for futre, I will save those terminal lines, so if I need help again I will use it for sure.

I will update Kernel ASAP since this is right thing to do as you said. And buy regular Digital Port wire :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your support!