Display manager sddm doesn't respond to ENTER key

I seemed to encounter an interesting bug of sddm today. Sddm fails to respond to the ENTER key when I typed the ENTER key after inputting the password to unlock the screen.

The interesting thing is that if I type the password directly and then type ENTER or click the button using mouse, it’s fine; but if I click the input box before typing, then typing ENTER has no response.

After googling online, I found this link https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/1215 which exactly describes the minor glitch I have.

It is said that the bug was fixed. Seems that the manjaro version of sddm didn’t apply the fix.

Switch to Breeze sddm theme and see if the issue persists or not, and let us know.

Do you mean this theme?

If that’s the case, seems that applying this theme has no effect too.

What effect is expected here? Is the login screen holding back when typing and using enter after you start your system?

The problem remains.

I don’t know this problem exists or not in other kde version, but with my
current system setting:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.99.0
Qt Version: 5.15.6
Kernel Version: 5.19.17-1-MANJARO (64-bit)

It’s easily reproducible: lock the screen, click the input box and type in password and press ENTER, nothing happens.

What to expect is that the screen should be unlocked.

The Lock Screen or more correctly the Screen Locking on KDE Plasma has nothing to do with sddm, nor sddm theme. Is tided up to Global Theme. Is you issue using Breath or something else?

1 Like

No, that’s irrelevant.

It’s a coming-back bug. Here’s the bug info: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415130

Anyway, it’s a minor issue, forget about it.

Is quite relevant to make the distinction between sddm and lock screen.

I will, because i can’t reproduce it.
Is your system fully updated and rebooted?

I noticed it a few days back but it’s since gone. I honestly think it’s been addressed. As for switching to breeze it’s when I noticed it.