Display frozen after sleep/screen rotation/screen off; until switch to other tty then back to normal

In a bug similar (bug more general) than Horizontal flip (mirrored) gets primary display frozen, my display get frozen after several kind of events:

• Exiting from sleep
  • Turning off screen with xset dpms force off
  • Rotating screen with xrandr --output eDP1 --rotate left (or any other rotation: my laptop is a convertible that I use also as a tablet PC)

After these events, the display shows the last displayed screen with only the mouse cursor responsive, although the softwares behind it response to clicks. For example, instead of showing the login screen after resuming from sleep, the last view of the screen is shown (which is not very “private” as it’s supposed to be locked).
Currently, the only way that I’ve found to go back to “normal” is to switch to another tty (ctrl + alt + F5 for example) then back to the graphical one (ctrl + alt + F1). The display is then immediately updated and everything goes back to normal.

Off course, my system is up to date.
Would anyone have the same issue, an idea of the root cause, and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance !

Based on this post: Plasma freezes often, switching the composition to OpenGL 3.1 rather than 2.0 appears to have solved the issue :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.