Discord is Crashing continuously in i3wm

I’ve got a strange problem with Discord. If I open it on some workspace and then I switch to other workspace and then try to switch to discord workspace then im unable to use discord or click anywhere into the app. Even if i quit the application using super+q key it wont goes from that screen for 2-4 mins

Can anyone help me in this?

Possibly related to https://github.com/i3/i3/issues/3130.

Also try launching discord with this command and see if the issue persists:

discord --ignore-gpu-blocklist --disable-features=UseOzonePlatform --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder --use-gl=desktop --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-zero-copy

nope this isn’t working
tried to launch discord with your command but again if i get any notification it crashes
So as discribed in the link given by you do i have to install a notification daemon so as to use discord smoothly :thinking:

Yes you can try that. Install dunst and add exec --no-startup-id dunst to your i3 config file and login again for the changes to take place. You can configure the appearance as described in the arch wiki if you want.

If this still doesn’t work then disable discord’s in-built notification.

1 Like

It worked
Installing dunst solved my discord crashing
apparently it also solved my flameshot prob. I was not able to copy my flameshot screenshot, everytime ive to save it and then send to anyone but atlast this notification daemon solved all those prob
thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.