Disabling intel_pstate Breaks Gnome Keyring

I have noticed that out of nowhere since yesterday my CPU temperatures were getting crazy even with 0% CPU load. Also, power consumption went crazy. CPU frequency was not that high though. So, I disabled intel_pstate by adding intel_pstate=disabled in /etc/default/grub file’s GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line. This line looks like this in my system

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash apparmor=1 security=apparmor resume=UU intel_pstate=disable>

Then updated grub and rebooted. This solved the issue I was facing. High CPU temps were gone. Power consumption was reasonable. But doing so broke Gnome Keyring. Gnome Keyring would not unlock. I tried rebooting multiple times. I tried to launch Password and Keys from the application menu and unlocking from there. But the unlock button does not work. At this point, I edited /etc/default/grub and removed intel_pstate=disable. Doing so fixed the Gnome Keyring issue. But it again made CPU temps and power consumption wild. What can I do in this situation?

Note: I have installed auto-cpufreq and howdy.

Did you try another kernel? Perhaps it’s intel_pstate is working better.

Did you try without them?

Yes. I have. I tried 5.15. intel_pstate is the same. acpi-cpufreq works better.

Yes. I have. Same thing with or without them.

However, I think I have a hunch about what could be the problem. Maybe apparmor is creating the issue. Maybe apparmor sometimes stops working on boot. Or it could be something else entirely. But I am happy to say that reinstalling kernel 5.16 fixed the gnome-keyring issue but CPU temps and power consumption has not improved with intel_pstate. I am using acpi-cpufreq for now.