Different QT themes depending on how I launch the program

Lately I noticed that if I launch something via double click, for example an .mp3 file, it opens the program normally, however the theme is different. My Kvantum theme is set to kvDarkRed, but Audacious has a white theme when I double click an .mp3, Kate has different buttons and look when I double click a text file etc.

What I expect is to follow the theme I want at all times, not what the system decides.
(Can’t send links so I’m bypassing that… again :P)
When double clicking Audacious: i.imgur .com/e835MrL.png

When opening Audacious via terminal, keyboard shortcut etc: i.imgur .com/F21qtZ3.png

I’m on Manjaro Xfce, but swapped to AwesomeWM, if that matters (this didn’t have any impact when swapping back). And this bug (?) applies to all qt programs, not only the two listed, and only when I double click a file to open it via a qt program. Haven’t found any help in the internet, so I came here.

A wild guess - could be the variable QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME only set in your ~/.xprofile and not in ~/.profile

I don’t seem to have a .xprofile file (sudo find / -iname ‘.xprofile’ didn’t find one - couldn’t find it in my home hence I used the command), and in my ~/.profile I have:

export EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=“qt5ct”
export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
export GTK2_RC_FILES="$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0"

Today I learned:

export QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=kvantum

This will solve that issue. Even though “I know” how to configure qt applications, I googled how to configure Kvantum and I found this: github. com/tsujan/Kvantum/blob/master/Kvantum/INSTALL.md#in-other-des
Guess I never should say I’m confident I know something about Linux :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.