Development / Q&A | OrangePi Neo-01

Hello again! What’s the highest tdp on battery and when plugged in to the mains? Also, will the neo support any battery saving features like battery bypass when running on mains or limiting charge to 80%…? Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Will we be able to upgrade the ram ourselves?

@philm do you know if any eGPU solutions have been tested with the Neo-01 ?

Ideally something based on the ASM2464PD chip-set (for example the ADT-Link UT3G)

Thanks !

Could you test FFXIV Dawntrail benchmark on the Neo, please?

Could you also do a Palworld Benchmark on the Neo, if possible?

Would love to see backplate buttons like the steamdeck. Is that possible/moddable?

I have always found only having my thumbs or clawgrip to be the most irritating part of using controller. Plus its better for your fingers longterm.

Can we watch some new gameplays test on Orange Pi Neo?

If the Neo-01 is connected to a 4K monitor (via DisplayPort 1.4 over USB-C) does it have enough processing power, or dedicated decoding hardware, to playback 4K videos that were encoded with the AV1 codec.

Where is the promised updates? I thought this is the channel where the updates on the handheld will be? Pitch silence for weeks…

My guess is that, because the neo-01 is due for release sometime in Q2 2024, people are working hard to make that happen. We are nearly in May and June is not that far away. Basically, if there are no problems, they have around 8 weeks to make sure that everything is fully in place to meet the expected demand. Silence before the storm, is not unexpected.

EDIT: Also if you search the usual sites like aliexpress you will see items like “orangepi neo handbag” and other accessories. This would indicate that they are probably shipping devices to the internal market already. Which is great news, means many problems will be solved before they start to ship globally. And that will probably happen very soon.

I understand. But with the recent launch of many others handhelds. They being silent is equivalent to pushing me and many others into these launches. They used to have the lead with the 78 and 88 series chips. Now it is everywhere as a close to “basic” specs.

No updates is one thing, not even replying to query and request is another.

If you follow long enough, this project (orangepi) is almost a year old now.

Is there any other channel where we can be updated about the project ? ,any discord channel ? , the information is very ,very scarce here , not to mention even completely absent since a month now , despite the “recent presentation” , we know almost nothing about it , we would love to be engaged in the project and interact with you guys, and give you some useful feedback so you can launch the best product possible , but if you keep this in the dark is very difficult for us to get excited and involved, I would also like to know if there is a posibility to launch a model with windows or with the option of two OS , being able to boot either one or the other

A discord channel is here: Discord

1 Like

The link is inaccessible to people not in the discord server where that channel is located (at least for me). You should probably link the server invite link if you want people to see in the channel.

4 Likes

@TripleO: Well, it is a developer channel, not for regular users, though

@philm Ah ok, I understand

Project looks absolutely amazing. Looking forward to see some reviews!

One thing bothers me. Media covers that neo has been already released in China only. I hope that western release will be soon!

One more question about steam and proton. Will I be able to use both of them on this console? If that would be the case, I’m buying this day one.

Something that would make the Neo better, in my opinion, would be to have a recording feature in gamemode. That’s something the Steam Deck doesn’t have, officially at least.