Dependency issues with xboxdrv

Hello all, I may be premature in posting this but :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… updating to dbus-python results in the flollwing error: dbus-python and python2-dbus are in conflict

however removing python2-dbus breaks the dependency python2-dbus required by xboxdrv. It seems updating to dbus-python breaks the xboxdrv package needed for usb xbox controllers.

1 Like

Seems the AUR package xboxdrv was flagged out of date on 2021-03-18 regarding this but no action was taken since, not sure what to do in that situation since xboxdrv was the only xbox controller driver that worked flawlessly for me.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xboxdrv/

You can edit the PKGBUILD yourself for xboxdrv, and change python2-dbus dependency to dbus-python2 before you build it.

i.e. pamac build xboxdrv, and when it asks you if you want to edit, press “y”

Right! xboxdrv worked so well. Do you think xboxdrv will be updated any time soon. If so, I will uninstall it and wait for an update. However @realmain suggested a fix, I want to try it but I don’t want to make a frakenxboxdrv package.

Why do you need this external driver? My Xbox controller works perfectly in Manjaro I don’t really think it is required nowadays (maybe a few years back?).

Also from the AUR page: Last Updated: 2019-09-29 23:36

1 Like

Wow thanks for letting me know @omano , I will try to upgrade w/o the xbox driver… :wink:

Removed xboxdrv and updated

It went ahead w/o issues

and Success!!

Thank you all, @omano I will try a steam game to check the xbox controller use… cheers

:+1:

PS: never share terminal output as images, paste your text and then select it all, and click the </> button to make it a properly formatted text, like this:

[omano@omano-nvme ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

:slight_smile:

thanks m8… everything just works now, no xboxdrv driver needed for the xbox 360 controller

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.