Delightful December (2019) Screenshots

6 Likes

I guess if you don't use a panel, a dock makes sense. Though with one I've never understood why one would use a dock other than for looks.
A launcher in a panel does everything but better, especially if you have more than one instance of a program running.

To each his own, I guess I'm used to using middle click to manage open windows across workspaces

13 Likes

Hello fellow Manjaroos! :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Speaking of, what is the use of polybar? (Serious question, not snarky)

New in Town :slight_smile:

Automatic OC (from 3.5 to 4.1 GHz) :slight_smile:

Gaming - Edition :slight_smile:

9 Likes

As it's december, time for winter/christmas themed wallpapers...I change it daily (when I remember lol)

6 Likes

Bars are are prefect for window manager without a panel. Plus it can give you information about your system usage.

1 Like

Its not a complete update from November on my main Driver, however I did switch from Dash to Panel back to Dash to Dock. It was a productivity thing :man_supervillain:. I do kinda miss my plain Gnome. Installing Gnome on my travel laptop converted me.

11 Likes

Mine is pretty basic

21 Likes

My thinpad t450's xfce+i3 winterized!

14 Likes

The Thinkpad X220, for working on the go.
The switch from Openbox to Gnome was so smooth. I am well chuffed :smile:. I originally used Openbox because I thought Gnome would eat too many resources. I was so wrong, Gnome runs smooth as butter.

9 Likes

Another one using Xfce terminal in Cinnamon..

Last one

And with the Enlightenment theme that The Rasterman is working on...

Icons are nouveGnomeGray

7 Likes

first hand experience of weston !
i just did sudo pacman -S weston, edited the default ini file.
so far, so good ! can say WIP for further customisation.

using jgmenu fortop left "ARCH" button click and remaining is launcher, last is to logout of weston [though the default ctrl+alt+backspace works as default for wayland ]

3 Likes

I like the Xfce terminal better. I also use xfce4-screenshooter too....Good thing about Linux, can mix and match some parts :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sway + waybar + wofi. Secondary display: Azote wallpaper & color manager (1.7.8 development version).

• Colour palette: added styling clicked palette button with button#color-btn-selected (for colour-blind people like myself);
  • colour picker: colour image converted into the Gtk.ColorButton class, to allow the colour edition.

screenshot

[edit]: It took me some time to reproduce all the stuff on Void. :slight_smile:

screenshot

10 Likes

Interesting .. this year many people doing 'winterized' themes for the (northern hemisphere) season .. whereas sometimes theres at least a peppering of those who use their desktop to remind them of 'brighter days'.

2 Likes

Conky Lua is not my world :wink:

2nd try :slight_smile:
Something fixed, vnstat fresh installed, so no data in "Netzwerk Nutzung"

Zusammenfassung

or why I must change always the text size if I change the DE :smiley: ???

8 Likes

Wish I could see the picture in full dimensions. :frowning:

Forum kindly sponsored by