• ~/delayed_qbittorrent
    #!/usr/bin/env bash
    #
    export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb
    sleep 10
    qtbittorrent

2. Then make it executable using:

chmod a+x ~/delayed_qbittorrent

3. Clear EVERY field in that screenshot you posted, and ONLY place $HOME/delayed_qbittorrent as program name to start inside it.

4. If the above doesn’t work adjust the delay inside the script to your needs…

It works for me if I click it in KDE menu, then it delays. But it is not for autostart after login. AFAIK

you forget that you need to delete old app.desktop in KDE autostart menu, then reload the current app.desktop in this Autostart menu. Done.

NOTE: KDE autostart menu and KDE programs menu are different things.

Put the blame on this overly smart editor. Should be the latter.

the .desktop files for the KDE autostart menu can be found in…

/home/<your username>/.config/autostart/

you can edit them using kate.

But the menu it’s the same, I mean, the sme field are in place so to test it I have only to click on the menu. To test autostart I have to log out and log in again.

For me it’s not working either the kde autostart either the menu kde programs when I add something like sleep.

…So second, are you telling me that when you put the same things on the autostart it’s not working but when does the same on kde menu yes?
It has no sense for me since it’s the same menu for both for me, so if its working on one it must be working in the another one

I know but the same things happens I think.

pls, put a photo, because it’s a lazy thing the corrector JAJAJ

I tested changing Firefox.desktop in VM:

Program: bash
Arguments: -c “sleep 10 && firefox”

Then saved it in KDE Autostart menu.

After logout and login, it works fine with delay 10 sec and then Firefox starts automatically.
Nothing special.

I have tested your another fix to the problem and works great.

But Ill test with the things on the photo that are different from the messages above.

with that photo I could reproduce the comand exactly how you do it. Now it’s working well too on this another way :slight_smile:
Thanks