DataGrip's menu cannot pop up in manjaro 21.1.1

I installed DataGrip through snap in my manjaor, but I found that its menu cannot pop up anything. Any solution?

sudo snap install datagrip --classic

I also installed other JetBrain’s softwares (e.g., Clion, IDEA), and only DataGrip has the such problem.

What error you get if started from terminal?

Why not use AUR ?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I find the error message when starting from ternimal:

Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”

So I install it by sudo pacman -S appmenu-gtk-module. Then another problem arises:

ERROR - penapi.wm.impl.GlobalMenuLinux - can’t find menu-item

I also tried AUR, but the same issue remains. BTW, the DataGrip installed from AUR has two more problems:

• Its UI seems too large on my 4k screen.
  • It is unable to recognize the JAVA_HOME in the user’s environment variables, and I have to specify JAVA_HOME in the system’s environment variables.

And, did you install it and see if after that is still failing?

Yes, that is a standard procedure in some cases.

I installed appmenu-gtk-module, and now the error message is:

penapi.wm.impl.GlobalMenuLinux - can’t find menu-item

The previous error message is gone.

It means you already find this
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-62092
and maybe you already commented there …
Can’t help with it, but maybe someone else has some ideas.

I found a solution.

Previously, I installed the MacOS-like theme, so the application menus daemon was running. I unchecked this daemon, and as a result, the menu lies on the top of the application instead of the top of the desktop. After rebooting, the menu works!

I am using JetBrains software as well and using the Toolbox is a great way of having the tools installed without the overhead of snap.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.