Dash-to-dock Trash can icon launches other apps like Amberol or Nemo instead of Nautilus

Freshly installed system. The only extra was some flatpak apps like Amberol. Now clicking the trash can icon launches Amberol. Before the reformatting it launched Nemo when installed first.

Any way to change the behavior? Thank you for your time to read this.

This is only a guess. Dash-to-dock Trash is likely set to open the default file browser.

When you installed Nemo that became the default, and likewise when you installed Amberol. If you set Nautilus to once again be the default, it might solve the problem.

As it’s been a long time since using Gnome, I can’t recall where/if a specific setting for that exists. Cheers.

Thanks, but no dice.

Screenshot from 2024-05-19 21-24-49

No ‘default’ explorer in Gnome settings. Perhaps elsewhere?

Perhaps in Nautilus.

Though, it makes little sense when Amberol is a multimedia player. :man_shrugging:

You could try removing Amberol, and installing say Strawberry Music Player, and see if the same thing happens.

Was Nemo also a flatpak?

Nope. No option in Nautilus. So bare-bones. I was thinking something about how Gnome manages its .desktop trash can link or a dconf.

I found this which might be worth consideration; albeit ubuntu, and rather old. I don’t think the basics have changed much.

1 Like

Thanks but that was a different issue.

I found the fix here:

Thanks a lot of the time! Cheers!!

1 Like

For the benefit of others:

Set Nautilus as the default handler for folders:

xdg-mime default org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop inode/directory

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.