Daily ISO images: somehow today's images are absent

Hi!

I am speaking about the Releases · manjaro-plasma/download · GitHub

I am reporting a possible malfunction of that service, please check why today’s images were not shared (was it re-scheduled to be as not so frequent (good for me), or it is an issue (not good for some people)).

To another aspect.

Please do not stop that service or post somewhere in FAQ a cool representative instruction with snapshots how to make custom ISO images by users themselves.

May be it is too often to build daily, may be it is also good to do it once per two days or even weekly, but please try to support that service to be available: I see it as the only way to get ready-to-use images fresher then latest stable ISO (of months ago build as current latest is manjaro-kde-21.3.7-220816-linux515.iso and also has only LTS (5.15) but not current kernel version family (6.0)).

Thank you!

You mean like that? Build Manjaro ISOs with buildiso - Manjaro

Or like that? Building your custom Manjaro ISO via Github Actions CI - YouTube

1 Like

The build action simply failed today. Check again tomorrow.

The issue was:

glibc-locales-2.35-1-x86_64 downloading...
error: failed retrieving file 'glibc-locales-2.35-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alpix.eu : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds

So it just happened to be using a slow mirror when it was building.

2 Likes

To be fair this error happens a lot if you enable many parallel downloads in Pacman (at least to me). It doesn’t happen when I disable parallel downloads. I don’t think this is a mirror issue.

The ParallesDownloads variable is commented out, so it’s using the pacman defaults.

OK then. On my side I can reliably reproduce this kind of issue on a big update if I have multiple parallel downloads so I figured it was the same here.

You can always find monthly builds based on stable branch on github …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.