Customized keyboard shortcut launching apps are very slow after installations of Nvidia driver

Hi all, I recently installed the official Nvidia driver using the offline runfile. Now everything seems fine except that the launch time of apps started from my customized keyboard shortcuts are really slow.

For example, I set Ctrl+Alt+T to launch the terminal and it would take about 10 sec to start the terminal by the keyboard shortcut, while it would be normal time to start the apps by directly clicking mouse.

Does anyone know where the problem is??? THX for your help!

Here is my basic system info and Nvidia driver version:

Kernel: 5.15.106-1-MANJARO
Shell: bash 5.1.16
Resolution: 3840x2160
DE: GNOME 43.4
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (12) @ 4.200GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Lite Hash Rate
Memory: 4558MiB / 32050MiB
Nvidia driver version: 525.105.17 (CUDA version 12.0)

You should have installed the driver from the repos nvidia 525 is there.Use Manjaro Settings Manager & Hardware Configuration

Hi robin, thanks for the reply.

But I do not know what is the difference? Is it NOT recommended to install Nvidia driver by the offline runfile? So far, the OS works fine expept the launching time problem mentioned above. In addition, in Manjaro Setting Manager, ther is only Nvidia-470XX showed up.

Bad idea.

Good idea.

Unless there is a bug in mhwd … then that means thats the highest version that supports your gpu.

I feel like I’m leaving this link everywhere :sweat_smile:

Hi, thanks for the help.

Actually, I have already tried to use the mhwd to install the default nvidia driver provided by Manjaro, which, unfortunately, caused me a big trouble, and consequently, I reluctantly turned to the nvidia official site and used the offline method. Maybe it was because of the mismatch of the kernel version and linux-headers.

Anyway, what I want to know is whether the launching delay of the shortcuts is related to the nvidia driver or the gnome desktop bug?

Does anyone have some clues? Excuse me for not being an expert in Linux.

BTW, can anyone tell me why can’t I post some links in the reply here??? :sweat::sweat::sweat:

OK, I finally found the problem. I did not install the desktop manager :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: After I installed gdm, the lanches from shortcut hotkeys are normal now!!!

Thank you very much for the help!