Custom global shortcuts not working

I recently switched to Manjaro(KDE).
So when I create a custom shortcut to open an app,for example

It doesn’t work.
all the default shortcuts work perfectly but none of my custom shortcuts work.
Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong or provide me with assistance to solve this issue.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. I asked the same question a couple days ago:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/kde-global-shortcuts/

Have a good day!

I still couldn’t find the solution. Can you please explain the solution in detail here?

Oh sure, I should have been more explicit.

The thing is, this is supposed to be fixed with an update next month. However, this workaround is good enough for me:

Basically, use Custom shortcuts instead of Global. Then go to Edit > New > Global Shortcut > Command/URL and set up the key combination and the command you want to execute. I know, it was more comfortable to just pick the action from a pre-made list, but it’s not so hard to figure out the command and options you want to run. You can first do some testing with the console.

I hope this works for you.

3 Likes

Thanks, it worked

I don’t have Custom Shortcuts in my settings. I can see only Global, Standard and Web.
Did I miss something here?

Most likely you are missing the khotkeys package.

1 Like

That’s true. Does this package come by default with Manjaro?
I have no idea why the package was missing. Now my custom shortcuts work.

I just booted into the Manjaro live image and it had khotkeys by default. Have you by any chance upated the distro recently?

Yes, I update my Manjaro regularly. It seems I lost that package whilst removing orphans:

I wonder if I’ve lost some other important package within the same process. If someone of you have time to take a look, I would appreciate it: Jazz - Pastebin.com

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.