Custom border and title color

I’m using Majaro-xfce-21.3.7-220816-linux515. I would like to choose my color for the border and title. Have changed the Metacity-theme-1.xml file and gone through gtk.css in both gtk-3 and gtk-4 folders, no change. Would like to know how to make the changes in the theme, Matcha-light-azul. Grateful for any help. Newbe to Arch.

Metacity doesnt control that in Xfce. You will find that theme in the xfwm4 folder in the theme. Most of those themes are made up of .xpm image files. You will have to open them in a image editor to change the color of the border. The text color can be changed in the themerc file, set the active_text_color= to whatever hex color you want.

Jim thank you for your response. I will try it out.

I would like to change the window border background color to one of my choice. Have changed title text color in /xfwm4/themerc file. Also made custom changes in gtk-3.0/gtl3.css. But have not found active window border color. Using distribution Manjaro-xfce-21.3.7-220-816-linux515.

Setting the borders might get a little tricky. I’ve written some explanation here

In theme Matcha-light-azul, is the window border background color hard coded or can be changed in gtk.css file? Or anywhere else in the theme folder? Using Manjaro-xfce-21.3.7-220816-linux515. Grateful for any help!

That theme is not provided anywhere as a binary or set of binaries. There is nothing hard coded about it. Most themes, Matcha-light-azul included can be altered either via the source by forking it and modifying it, or locally. But you can also overwrite that via your gtk.css and you got two references for that in the above comments.