Cursor Installed from KDE System Settings not Updated Across All Apps

I installed Posy’s Improved Cursors from the System Settings app, however some apps do not use the updated cursor, like the window title bars and Steam.

It defaults to the KDE Classic cursors on the apps it doesn’t support the new cursor.

Because I downloaded the cursors through the gui, I’m not sure where they’re installed if I want to update the index.theme

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Try logging out and back in, and cleaning out the cache from a tty session while you’re logged out of the GUI.

At the SDDM login screen, hit Ctrl+Alt+F3 and log in as yourself. Then issue the following command… :arrow_down:

rm -rf ~/.cache/*

Then, hit Ctrl+D to log out and Alt+F1 to return to the SDDM login screen.

Most likely this will be in ~/.local/share/cur.

That didn’t work. It still uses the KDE classic cursor on some apps. I also have usr/share/icons/default/index.theme as below

[icon theme]
Inherits=Posy's Cursor Black

Everything under /usr/share is the systemwide stuff. Given that you’ve installed the new cursors through the System Settings, you will have installed them in your home directory, and user-specific settings will always override the systemwide settings.

I’ve noticed that this issue is only present with extra cursors downloaded through the kde settings gui. Built-in cursors such as Adawaita don’t have this issue.

You could always try one of the many mouse cursor packages from the AUR. :man_shrugging:

Other than what Aragorn suggested I can’t think of anything else you can do. I’ve noticed this behavior over the years and just tend to ignore it.