Current cinnamon 23.1 unusable

hello all :slight_smile:
I been using Manjaro Cinnamon for years . Well My system crashed so no big deal , or so I thought . I downloaded Manjaro Cinnamon 23.1 , installed with the nvidia drivers . After doing a full update I am met with a nice black screen . Seems that old kernel that ship with the ISO in EOL . I spent 2 days trying to fix this !
I get that a new version is coming out soon, but may I suggest take down these old ISO images ASAP, they are not stable once the updates are applied

1 Like

If you want you can use this:

thank you I saw that and tried to download what i got from the link was " file not found" :frowning:
anyone else have a link to manjaro cinnamon that does not have the 65 Linux kernal
?

Unofficial !

sbk-manjaro-cinnamon-panel-24.0.0-stable-minimal-x86_64.iso

DeLinuxCo is also a Manjaro Cinnamon Spin as well, but more geared toward workstation environment.

1 Like

I will upload a new cinnamon stable ISO with kernel 6.9 using the full upstream profile within the next few hours (currently building, then upload takes a bit).

EDIT.
@anon77190953
Done.
And made a dedicated thread for the purpose.

thanks :slight_smile: and if possible please , no valadi web browser ,

The profile has vivaldi in the full version, but not the minimal.

Edit:- Marked the @cscs post as solution as the OP marking their own post seemed logically invaladi invalid.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.