Cups off line printers will not conf

Hi all,
Does anyone know what has happened to the cups service? I try to go to it and the browser sends me an error message. this has caused my printers to stop working.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you

sudo systemctl disable org.cups.cupsd.service
sudo systemctl disable org.cups.cupsd.socket
sudo systemctl disable org.cups.cupsd.path
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.service
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.socket
sudo systemctl enable --now cups.path
1 Like

Thank you Aragorn, cups is back on now I just have to figure out how to get the Canon Pixma mg2500 series to work again. I usually have to get the driver from AUR, which I have deleted and reinstall all drivers I had, now when I go to install the printer in print settings, the program does not pull up my printer at all. go figure

pamac build canon-pixma-mg2500-complete

… should get you your drivers back. :neutral_face:

Thanks, I have done that and in the Printer setting the printer does not get recognized, it used to come right up I don’t know what’s going on now. I really hate this cheap printer.

Maybe try rebooting?

Thanks, I have done all that. The app will not recognize the printer I will try to upload a screenshot.

In that screenshot, I can usually see my printer as a USB connected device, but now all I get is that. I changed the printer to another Canon and loaded the drivers and when I try to conf. it does the same thing.

As an update, after messing with getting the canon printer re-installed I just gave up and grabbed my Brother MFC-J6920DW, which I still had installed as a backup, I plugged it all in and it worked just fine. I don’t know why the Canon printer did not re-conf. but I just did not have enough time to mess with it and it’s just a cheap printer anyway. I’m sorry to all that I had to bail out on this, but I use the printer for work and needed something asap. I will try later to get to the bottom of it and see if it will help someone down the road.
Thanks for your help, Aragorn

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.