Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium microphone not working

hey all, I have a creative sound blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e soundcard, but I am running into an issue with the microphone no matter what I select in audio system settings (I am on kde plasma) I seem to not beable to get the Front microphone (technically the only microphone as line in does not double as a mic in) the device works fine in windows but not so much in manjaro (or ubuntu for that matter again microphone issues) I have read a bit that the driver is a bit…dog water (not good) and that it was sort of half-baked in terms of creative’s support, is there anything I can do to get my microphone working?

Microphone capture inputs are usually not enabled by default in ALSA

Check audio capture settings in ALSA

alsamixer --card=XFi --view=capture

use up and down keys on keyboard to adjust Mic capture level

spacebar to toggle audio capture off [-------] or on [CAPTURE]

and use this command to save any changes to alsamixer settings

sudo alsactl store

I have read a bit that the driver is a bit…dog water (not good) and that it was sort of half-baked in terms of creative’s support

Creative Labs only supplies drivers and software for Windows and MacOS
(and uses Intellectual Property laws to shut down third party support for any OS)
But Linux driver snd-ctxfi was created by Linux community and not been reported to have any serious issues

my apologies, i didnt mean to dis the linux community, in truth I read like one thing negative and just rolled with my apologies for that, i am not sure why its not working, I have done as you instructed and im still not getting the microphone audio, I believe pulseaudio is using playback microphone instead of my capture, whats weird is when i use my windows vm my audio works fine, interestingly my port is microphone but it is taking from alsamixer, F3: playback microphone (there should not be a playback mic i do not think at least) but there is a slight hiss that is constant

The playback control for Mic in alsamixer is for monitoring microphone audio in headphones
with no latency (delay)

amixer shows ALSA mixer playback and capture controls for Mic in text format

HW probe of Acer Aspire MC605 v1.0 Desktop Computer (Aspire MC605) #e7252be8a1: amixer

Card sysdefault:0 'XFi'/'Creative X-Fi 20K2 SB0880'

Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
  Capabilities: pvolume cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 256 Capture 0 - 256
  Front Left: Playback 256 [100%] [0.00dB] Capture 249 [97%] [-1.75dB] [off]
  Front Right: Playback 256 [100%] [0.00dB] Capture 249 [97%] [-1.75dB] [off]

To see all ALSA controls for playback and capture

alsamixer --card=XFi --view=all

okay, but there is no sound even when I monitor it, im starting to think I might have wrong profiles on it as my rig hx 400 headset is a single microphone, but I have tried all the profiles, there is just a white noise effect when monitoring