Creating a "meta" package

I am in the process of creating a meta package for my ISO and I am running into an issue that I can’t seem to find how to get around.

The package is a simple list of packages that I want to be installed with a meta package, the issue is that I include a couple of packages that I built from the AUR and have in my user repo.
when I try to build the package, it says it can’t find any of the AUR packages that I already built?

==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: xcursor-thedot
error: target not found: kdenlive-appimage
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Missing dependencies:

Everything else builds just fine.

Is your custom repo in your pacman.conf file? :slight_smile:

Yes, that was the first thing I checked…

Can you install the dependencies manually via pacman -S?

Yes, I just tried kdenlive-appimage, I removed all instances of it from the caches and in reinstalled it with no issue…

delinuxco-dev: sudo pacman -S kdenlive-appimage
warning: kdenlive-appimage-21.04.0-0 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) kdenlive-appimage-21.04.0-0

Total Download Size:   250.44 MiB
Total Installed Size:  281.35 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 kdenlive-appimage-21.04.0-0-x86_64          250.4 MiB  1689 KiB/s 02:32 [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                           [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                         [########################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                              [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                        [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                      [########################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling kdenlive-appimage                                     [########################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/4) Updating icon theme caches...
(3/4) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
(4/4) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...

delinuxco-dev: ~/manjaro-tools 

You have in this local repo “repo-name”.db with this aur package ? wiki arch

EDIT : run

pacman -Sl <MYLOCALREPO_NAME>

Create a meta is not always a good idea : all package are a dependency so not installed explicitly

Yes, the repo in /etc/pacman.conf is hosted in a subdomain of my website, all of the AUR packages are built in my dev machine and uploaded to the repo with the db files etc. It all works and I can build the ISO with no issue.

My reasoning for wanting to use a meta-package is two fold, one is to make sure that certain packages are always installed, so that if I make changes I will not be assuming that they are there, I would know that they are there.
The other is, more of a testing thing, could I convert an existing Manjaro Cinnamon install with some packages and scripts to make it function and look like my distro. Just toying with the idea.

pacman -Sl delinuxco

Yes, just tried and it lists them all as installed with version numbers…

So I am still baffled by this issue, nothing in the error logs. I even tried to build a package with three packages I know are in my repo with no success. Here is the output: Also tried to add my repo to the build tree in .config/manjaro-tools/manjaro-tools.config…nothing

delinuxco-dev  delinuxco  ~/manjaro-tools  buildpkg -p delinuxco
 --> Loading compiler settings: x86_64
==> Updating chroot for [stable] (x86_64)...
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
 --> Time chroot_init: 0.02 minutes
==> Start building [delinuxco]
==> Making package: delinuxco 1.1.4-1 (Tue Jul  6 16:23:24 2021)
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found delinuxco-1.1.4-x86_64.tar.xz
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    delinuxco-1.1.4-x86_64.tar.xz ... Passed
==> Making package: delinuxco 1.1.4-1 (Tue 06 Jul 2021 11:23:26 PM UTC)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: shutter
error: target not found: obsidian-2-theme-git
error: target not found: obsidian-icon-theme
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> shutter
  -> obsidian-2-theme-git
  -> obsidian-icon-theme
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

delinuxco-dev  delinuxco  ~/manjaro-tools 

Your repo is not in /etc/pacman.conf, apparently.

Otherwise, you would install them in the chroot manually:

buildpkg -p delinuxco -c -i /path/to/package1.pkg.tar.zst -i /path/to/package2.pkg.tar.zst 

No, it is there… that was my first check…

I will try your method…

Forgot manjaro-tools uses it’s own config file. I’ve been using manjaro-chrootbuild lately.

Uncomment this line in ~/.config/manjaro-tools/manjaro-tools.conf and add your repo:

# repo_tree=('core' 'extra' 'community' 'multilib')

Hi @Yochanan as I noted yesterday, I have that enabled and still no go. Running “yay” command shows the the repo and working… there must be something borked in my system. Later today, will spend some more time on it.

The issue appears to be with buildpkg only, buildiso is working properly.
my repo (delinuxco) is seen by buildiso but not by buildpkg. Inside my build directory /home/delinuxco/dlc_builds I even went into the buildpkg/stable/x86_64/root and buildpkg/stable/x86_64/delinuxco and added my repo and still no results.
I went into /etc/manjaro-tools/manjaro-tools.conf and added my repo to the build tree just as a shot in the dark and it still does not pick it up.

Is anyone else having this issue?