CPU governer settings ignore nice load?

Hi there, hope kernel is the right place for this…

I like running with the ondemand governor settings but at the same time i like to run boinc to donate my space cpu cycles

ideally i would not want boinc workload which runs as nice 19 to force my cpu to max frequency which ends up with the fans sounding like a vacuum cleaner!

in previous computer builds (I’m new to Manjaro but not linux in general) there was a setting that hid away in /sys/devices/system/cpu called ignore_nice_load which would essentially ignore any PID with a nice value of greater than 0 when determining what frequency to use for the CPU

I’m guessing this has changed to somewhere else (not been running a desktop for a few years where i have been able to worry about this. but i really want to get this functionality back.

Current system is
Asus Rog Strix B450 mbo with
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
kernel is 5.10.42-1-MANJARO

more info its the Ignore_nice_load flag explained here https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt im looking for,
but i cant find where this should be
the wiki states that this should be in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand which is where i would expect to find it but the only things i have in that folder are

boost  policy0  policy1  policy2  policy3  policy4  policy5  policy6  policy7 

Those “policy#” folders refer to each of the cpus. In each of those folders you can find info about available governors and which one you’re using. Maybe more settings will appear if you set the governor accordingly.

[mbb@mbb-laptop ~]$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_governors 
conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance schedutil 
[mbb@mbb-laptop ~]$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor 
performance