Could some of the emoticons be removed from the selection?

I see the middle finger :fu: being used and I find it a bit too toxic and direct. The gun :gun:, I can also see being misused.

I mean, if there is time for, it would be nice if someone reviews these emoticons and remove what is possibly too extreme. If it is possible off course.

3 Likes

Please flag or message moderators about improper use of emojis
(such as putting a ‘poo’ on every post … etc)

Also - I think we had done something similar on the old forum and disabled a few.
I personally dont see any need for such emojis - there are a number of other ones to accomplish the same retort… but regardless of that - folks can still abuse even ‘neutral’ emojis or otherwise exhibit anti-social behavior … in all cases these should be reported if it cant be handled by the parties involved themselves.

1 Like

I’ve already done that. The middle finger was put on a post of mine ─ probably with good intentions, but it does now look as if it was directed at me ─ and I think that it is this post @datiswous is now referring to.

Alas, even as a moderator, I have no way of removing that emoji from my post. It’ll have to be done by an admin.

The poo emoji has already been removed from the list by @codesardine. :wink:

Yeah that was the misused one by far … though … mainly by only a certain few individuals.

This is why we cant have cold fusion.

Please elaborate. The physicist in me is intrigued. :slight_smile:

So it will be removed, you mean? Because I can still use it.

You are correct ─ it is still there. And yet, I distinctly remember him saying on the chat that he had removed it. :thinking:

What? How is poor @AlienProber (aka AgentX/AgentTroll) supposed to communicate, then? :rofl:

I think I got in trouble with the Mods due to using middle finger emoticon or or at least at a “something by the Community” message. This was say back a few years ago. I forgotten what issue I was arguing with some new poster about, what a start a thread ranting about Manjaro, FOSS, or even about Rolling Release itself.

An alternative to ‘this is why we cant have nice things’ :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, but as a reaction to a post they can only use one emoticon.
If people use them inside posts, the post can be flagged, but if used as a reaction it doesn’t make sense to flag the post.

There are other nice things tough:
https://aureon.ca/
:wink:

risky click of the day
(if this is about how there is nothing else in physics but magnetism I will throw this chair at you)

2 Likes

Surely not…

So its all OT … but … I see no peer-reviewed studies or any similar things cited …
(or really any straight-forward explanation of how it works)

Lets not go there :wink:

okey doke … but … I generally like open-source … especially in my science.