Could not find python2-freezegun

What should I do?

[alex@alex-pc ~]$ yay -S --rebuildall $(pacman -Qm | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | grep ^python)
 -> Could not find all required packages:
	python2-freezegun (Wanted by: python2-babel)
[alex@alex-pc ~]$

Buju,
First, to simplify the pacman -Qm | cut -d ' ' -f 1 script part into pacman -Qmq.

Second,

~/Desktop ❯ pamac search python2-babel    
python2-babel                                                                   2.9.0-1  AUR 
    A collection of tools for internationalizing Python 2.x applications
~/Desktop ❯ pamac search python2-freezegun
~/Desktop ❯ 

the python2-babel is non-Manjaro, but the AUR package and the python2-freezegun is absent in Manjaro repos and AUR and even Archlinux repos (Arch Linux - Package Search).
Is it new dependency for the python2-babel package? Check it’s description and comment page and post you issue there: AUR (en) - python2-babel

Also the package could be unmaintained anymore:

Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.100530
First Submitted: 2021-01-19 21:40
Last Updated: 2021-01-19 21:40

Need to ask maintainer of the package or to search alternatives.
Any sings that your issue related to Manjaro and updates?

Does the python2-babel or/and python2-freezegun packages were removed from Manjaro repos recently?
If not, than it is not Manjaro-related.

1 Like

Remove python2-babel and don’t post about AUR packages in Announcement threads. :wink:

python 2 is dead :wink: it should not even exist in aur (community/python-babel exists)

https://archlinux.org/todo/die-python2-die/

https://archlinux.org/todo/conversion-of-programs-that-use-python-2-to-python-3/

and python 3 ?

2 Likes

Download Python | Python.org tells:

Active Python Releases
[For more information visit the Python Developer’s Guide] (Python Developer's Guide).

Python version Maintenance status First released End of support Release schedule
2.7 end-of-life 2010-07-03 2020-01-01 PEP 373

Almost 2 years already by now. Before SARS-CoV-2 became massive in worldwide.

That’s the sign, that the python2-babel package unmaintained or not properly maintained.

1 Like

Thanks for all the answers, everyone. I’ve removed all python2 packages from my system now, so I shouldn’t have any problems related to this in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.