Correct way Wine installation

Hello, i want to know how to install wine correctly with all dependencies. i know about this
sudo pacman -S wine wine-gecko wine-mono, but i found GloriousEggroll blog and he have a lot of long command to install all wine dependencies GloriousEggroll's Blog » How to get out of Wine Dependency hell

sudo pacman -S giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng libldap lib32-libldap gnutls lib32-gnutls mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libjpeg-turbo lib32-libjpeg-turbo libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxinerama lib32-libxinerama ncurses lib32-ncurses opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt libva lib32-libva gtk3 lib32-gtk3 gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader cups samba dosbox

It’s right? I need this to install or i need something different?

Wine is tricky in that regard.

Which of the optional dependencies you need, depends entirely on the software you will be running with Wine.

And even then, some software might require something not listed in the wine optional depdendency list.

I know but, if i want to install everything to working wine? I mean one install and i don’t need install anything in a future? Only in an extremely rare cases.

You would have to install every library known to man in that case…

1 Like

https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Satisfying_Build_Dependencies
Okay, i think this it should be good guide what i should install?

2 Likes

As a base, sure. But there will always be applications that need some weird library for some function. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.